Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Kindness I Owe Myself

Seldom have I said what I felt for fear of causing pain or disappointment in the hearts of loved ones.
But somehow, despite my striving, that has happened regardless.

So I have RESOLVED to be honest unto myself. Lying to yourself day in and day out does not create comfort or joy. It creates confusion and depression. **statement made based on experience**

So I will say this as an intro to who knows what will come:

I have not been good to myself, even in the midst of revolution and transformation. I have always employed the hateful approach- if I beat myself up enough, maybe I would get tired of the punishment and change. That method isn't effective in my life...and if I'm not mistaken, it isn't effective in anyone's life, truly.

So this, my third try, is my journey in pursuit of my sankalpa.

Stay tuned, if you want. If not, I understand, seeing that there will be no apologies or backpedaling this time around.

1 comment:

  1. I am oh so excited to see what appears here, friend. Soldier on ;-)

    ReplyDelete